At HappyCo the Customer Success team manages the critical role of building and protecting relationships with our customers and communicating with internal teams on their behalf. The CSM team is responsible for delivering an exceptional customer experience to existing HappyCo customers (focusing on a portfolio of assigned customers, but assisting with all customers as needed). Working as a CSM includes collaborating with Sales, Professional Services, Finance, Marketing, Operations, and Product teams by systematically providing details and feedback to internal teams and keeping systems up to date with relevant information. It requires project and relationship management skills to effectively and efficiently establish and maintain a consistent meeting cadence for customers, roll out complex solutions with Professional Services, track and contribute to resolution on support requests, and develop relationships with a broad range of customer personas. The CSM team acts as customer advocates within HappyCo, championing customer requirements by delivering critical feedback to our Product team, and applying product knowledge to best support and educate customers on achieving their success criteria with our platform. The primary goals of the CSM team are to protect revenue streams, identify expansion and engagement opportunities, and work to reduce risks identified with customers.
The customer success manager role will also monitor customer health metrics, identify opportunities for customer engagement and expansion, and provide feedback to internal teams on customer updates. The role will also require a focus on documentation and exceptional communication skills.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 4+ years of relevant Customer Success experience
- Property Management/Multifamily Experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Industry Certifications a plus
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Ability to prioritize open tasks with complex requirements and escalate critical issues
- Strong change management experience with enterprise companies
- Very organized and motivated to improve processes and systems
- Self starter who can excel under pressure
- Strong negotiation skills, confidence with financial conversations and dealing with cancellations
- Strong familiarity and skills with business software applications: e.g. Salesforce, Jira, Microsoft Office, Google Suites
- Account Management:
- Conduct an average of 4 in-depth meetings with customers per day to: review progress on joint initiatives, make strategic and tactical recommendations, provide updates on upcoming events and feature releases, monitor for risk indicators, and identify opportunities to increase value.
- Ensure customer expectations are set appropriately and achieved; and product engagement and customer satisfaction at every level of the organization — site level staff, regional management and corporate teams — are maintained throughout a customer’s lifecycle.
- Ensure continued engagement with our customer’s senior staff (those responsible for evaluating technology purchases) to increase the influence we have at the highest level of their organization
- Leverage relationships with decision makers to ensure we stay aware of potential customer concerns, technology initiatives, pain points, and initiatives evaluating alternative solutions.
- Collaborate on the development of presentations for each stage in the customer lifecycle as well as recurring meetings for established customers (such as post launch review, quarterly business reviews, monthly status updates) and deliver presentations to customers to prove value and engage stakeholders.
- Execute programs to promote product engagement at the site, regional and corporate levels; collaborate with marketing on executing engagement programs including virtual product events, user conferences, product webinars, social, direct marketing and rewards programs.
- Monitor accounts to ensure adoption and continued engagement and action any followup requirements based on analysis.
- Ensure data accuracy and comprehensiveness to support account management functions.
- Account expansion and renewal:
- Promote expansion where appropriate in existing accounts, identifying opportunities for the cross sell of HappyCo products, communicating those opportunities to our sales team, and documenting all identified opportunities in internal systems.
- Own the renewal process for customers in the portfolio; coordinate with the Sales, Finance and Operations teams to ensure processes and tooling will accommodate and support all stakeholders.
- Engage with customers to review contract concerns and work with the Director of CS to propose alternative solutions for cancellations when appropriate.
- Customer Data Analysis & Reporting
- Provide metrics and data to customers relevant to supporting account growth (eg: preparing documentation for reviews, account audits, Insights reports, health metrics, CSAT, NPS, consolidated customer support data).
- Identify customers with non-optimal usage, document, suggest and implement corrective action via retraining, reporting, dashboard management, realigning, etc.
- Monitor health metrics to track customer adoption, success, and identify pain points. Work with the Product team and Operations team to continually optimize how these metrics are calculated and work to expand metrics to monitor all areas of HappyCo Products and Services.
- Product Feedback and Engagement
- Collect and share customer feedback on product features and gaps in established channels.
- Collaborate with the Product team and cross functional stakeholders to advise on and evaluate new features and releases.
- Deliver notes and data on friction points impacting internal teams to facilitate the development of new tools and processes to improve CSM efficiency and effectiveness.
- Customer Support
- Provide support to our customers and partners who contact us by approved channels and where possible resolve their queries, or escalate to the appropriate area for resolution, always ensuring a positive customer interaction.
- Provide support for customers who have contacted us with help with utilizing an integration, ensuring their goal is met (Buildium, Yardi, RealPage, PropertyTree, Entrata, MRI, ResMan, DropBox, Box)
- Identify opportunities to deliver Insights solutions to meet customer business needs; manage the delivery of new Insights solutions by collaborating with Pro Services; and provide product and configuration feedback to Product and Pro Services teams to apply these insights more broadly across customer accounts to establish new standard dashboards.
- Monitor Jira and other relevant systems to ensure a smooth process for resolving outstanding tickets.
- Leadership and Team Maturity
- Participate in knowledge sharing exercises (e.g. Retrospectives, Listen and Learn, team huddles, Company Call presentations).
- Proactively work with cross functional teams to develop strong relationships internally that facilitate a better understanding of customer experiences and customer friction points.
- Champion the development of CS documentation to support CSM internal training, companywide education, and assist with identifying gaps in documentation for new team members.
- Drive customers to participate in CSAT and NPS surveys after key journey milestones to ensure we are monitoring customer satisfaction and support.
- Assist marketing with identifying customers for interviews, conference panels, and go-to-market analysis.
- Provide assistance and support to the rest of the CX team as needed.